Have you ever wanted to be part of a dynamic, international organization? To organize conferences, debates, visits of public institutions, and much more? In that case, Belgian Youth Diplomacy is a perfect fit for you and your talents.
Currently, we are looking for a new Communication Officer to join the team.
As a Communication officer, you will be responsible for the overall communication of the organization. Your job will consist in helping to manage the official website (both content and format), updating the website with new events organized by BYD and partner organizations, writing a feedback after the BYD events and managing written articles of (non-) members.
You will also be responsible for the management of our social media accounts (twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn…). These social media accounts need to be updated on a regular basis with information on BYD, our events as well as our partner’s events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, fluency in French or Dutch. Other EU languages is an asset;
- Flair for communication, branding, marketing and design; in particular you should be able to have an attention for details;
- Experience in communication is not necessary, but would be seen as an advantage;
- Great affinity with social media channels like Facebook and Twitter;
- Higher Education preferred (in progress or graduated) and being passionate about International Relations and Diplomacy;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach.
- A small and dynamic team with complementary profiles;
- A network of professional contacts;
- Development of your skills within the field of International Relations, Political Science and Communications.
Note that this is an UNPAID position & NO Internship. The BYD-board consists of volunteers.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and motivation Letter (max one page) with “Communications Officer” as subject to email@example.com, and make sure to put firstname.lastname@example.org in CC.