The Board of Directors of Belgian Youth Diplomacy (BYD) is looking for a new Communication Officer (UNPAID Position & NO Internship) to join the team of Belgian Youth Diplomacy:
As a Communication officer, you will be responsible for the overall communication of the organization. More particularly, your job will consist of managing the official website (both content & format); updating the website with new events organized by BYD and partner organizations; writing a short feedback after the BYD events and managing written articles of (non-) members.
You will also be responsible for the management of our social media accounts, requested is an update on a regular basis of the Facebook page and of the Twitter account of BYD with our activities and similar interesting think tank events organized in Brussels or/and around Belgium.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, fluency in French
or Dutch. Other EU languages is an asset;
• Flair for communication, branding, marketing and design; in particular you
should be able to have an attention for details;
• Experience in communication is not necessary, but would be seen as an
• Ability to work with WordPress and Mailchimp preferred;
• Great affinity with social media channels like Facebook and Twitter;
• Higher Education preferred (in progress or graduated) and being passionate
about International Relations and Diplomacy
• Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a
• Able to join two times per month board meetings in Brussels.
• A small and dynamic team with complementary profiles
• A network of professional contacts
• Development of your skills within the field of International Relations,
Political Science and Communications
• For more information please refer to our website: http://www.bydiplomacy.com
To apply for this position please sent your CV and motivation Letter with “Communications Officer” as subject to president (at) bydiplomacy.com and in cc: secretary (at) bydiplomacy.com
Please note that the deadline for our receipt of applications is the 7th of September 2015.