The ULB International Model NATO Delegation 2015 is honored to invite you to attend the fifth annual conference, “Addressing Global challenges: is the membership of EU and NATO a constraint for Belgian policy makers?”, scheduled for the 4th of December 2014, 18.00 p.m., at Université Libre de Bruxelles- R42.5.503.
The conference consists of a moderated panel discussion (60-80 min), followed by a question and answer period (10-30 min); it will shed some light on the following issues:
– Multinational and multi-institutional approach to face challenges in the geo-strategic environment.
– Belgium`s obligations and contributions.
– An assessment of the Modernisation Plan 2000-2015 of the Belgian armed forces.
– Consequences of defence budget cuts on Belgium’s engagement on civilian and military operations.
– Final debate: Is the membership of EU and NATO a constraint for Belgian policy makers?
The conference will host outstanding speakers:
– Ambassador Michel Tilemans, Permanent representative to the political and security committee of the EU;
– Ambassador Francois de Kerchove d’Exaerde, Permanent representative of Belgium to NATO.
The moderator of the conference is Christian OLSSON, lecturer at ULB, member of the French Association of Political Science.
Food and refreshments will be served at the end of the conference!